Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Recent Transfer Brings New Companionship to Romalum . . .

It's been quite a while since we've heard from our Chuuk Elder, so today our hearts were happy :). He is so blessed to be serving on "his" island of Romalum as he calls it. What great opportunities for these amazing young men!

February 2, 2014
Dear Family—
I did receive the package from Aunt Libby and her family. Thank you so much. I also did receive the Valentines Day card, thanks for the love even if I am slow to send you guys my love. Sister Kaitlyn Fiscus emailed me a few weeks ago. It was good to hear from her and how they are doing. Thank you to everyone who supports me and sends me letters and/or emails. I don’t always have a lot of time to reply individually to everyone but it really means a lot and helps me. I love my little island of Romalum.
We recently had transfers, and Elder Telona moved over to Udot; he's still in the District but not with me. However, a fellow Utahan from South Weber named Elder Jonas moved from Weno to Romalum and so we are companions. Things are going well here on my little island. The weather is still pretty great, warm during the day and cold with winds at night. I havn't sent home the box yet, but I'll do it next week and also some journal entries!! :).
Heard about the Super Bowl, great to hear that everyone is doing awesome! I sure missed having a party!! However, we couldn't go anywhere today and not have a big screen TV set up somewhere
broadcasting the game!! I take it that it wasn't a very good game, but oh well, hats off to the Seahawks!! Too bad the Broncos lost, BIG TIME!!!! We don't celebrate Valentines Day here!! :/
Investigatros right now are going through a process of cycling them in and out, but things are going well!! A lot of other stuff going on right now in my area that is really trying my faith, but it's also
building it at the same time. Yeah whatever you guys do, keep praying for them. We have a goal set
up for 300 baptisms in Chuuk by the end of the year, and 1000 in the whole MGM. Keep us in your prayers. Also if it's possilbe send bags of chewing gum. That's the one thing I've found that really helps them to overcome Word of Wisdom problems. I buy it for them sometimes and it has helped.
Parker and Dylan, if you get the chance in the next week or so, go out with the missionaries!!
I Love you all so much!
Elder Mikiimik

No comments:

Post a Comment