Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lessons and Blessings . . .

December 8, 2014

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the update on what everyone is doing back home. It's good that life is treating you well. Right now we are clossing on the year and we just had our Stake conference here in Guam yesterday (had about 400-500 attendance) and everything is going super well.

Dinner with Elder and Sister Martin, Elder Kata,
Elder McEwan, and Elder Afualo
We have a new investigator family (they're chuukese my most favorite people in the world) and they've been taught by missionaries before but never really made any progress towards baptism. So yesterday I went and met with them and taught them the restoration and suprisingly they remembered a lot of it. That was probably one of the best lessons that I have ever been a part of, and the spirit was so strong that wehen they were asked to commit to baptism they all said yes (about 5 of them). It was such a good lesson and I absolutely love this family.

Last week we were called by a member to help them move out their neighbors who were being evicted from their homes on Saturday. So we all went over and started packing and moving and all that. Then after about 1-1 and 1/2 hours a couple came up and said that they didn't have to move out and that they could stay. Needless to say they were relieved and so were we. But the real miracle happend yesterday. THe member lady who called us pulled me aside before the stake conference and told me that one of the guys was coming to church and if I wouldn't mind sitting by them to assist in translating (he is chuukese). So when the guy got here I talked with him and he said he just felt so much love out of us helping him and his family on saturday that he wanted to come to church and be a part of it. I was blown away and grateful for the things that this gospel has taught me through the last two years. I know that there are things I've learned here that I couldn't learn anywhere else. I'm so grateful and blessed to be a part of this work.

I hope this finds you all well Happy Holidays from all of us here in the Micronesia Guam Mission!!


Elder Sean McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment