Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week Two at the Provo MTC . . .


June 14, 2013

First off, I'm sorry my last letter was short; nothing had really happened in the short time I'd been at the MTC and I figured you wouldn't want to hear about me sitting in classes and meetings. But boy have things gotten busy around here! I guess the first thing I want to tell you is that after meeting with the branch presidency the other night, they me and Elder Vause Zone Leaders! At that point we'd only been here for one day. That's because the first Zone Leaders and their district are leaving tomorrow (for California and Florida I believe).

There are 3 districts in our zone (District A, B, and C). My district is District A with myself, Vause, Jorgenson, Lee (like I mentioned in my last letter). The other members of our zone are Elder Teichert from Wyoming, Elder Ashby from Arizona, Elder Crowell from Pocatello, Sister Forsythe from South Jordan, Sister Van Wagoner from Provo, Sister Albertson from Taylorsville, and Sister Carlsen from West Jordan. So all in all, there are 7 Elders and 4 Sisters in our Zone. However, we're getting 12 new missionaries our zone next week (actually this Wednesday) and there are a lot of things I am trying to help get ready for them.

As far as how many are flying to Guam . . . it is just me and my companion, Elder Vause. Everyone else in our district is going to the North Carolina, Charlotte Mission. Now . . . what else? Oh yeah, I'm eating a lot every day but I'm also exercising a lot (I've gained about 4 lbs so far though!). I love my district, I love my companion, and I just love the MTC!

So back to the district that's leaving. Those Elders are now some of my closest friends because we've shared laughs, crazy moments, and so many lessons that I can take to the Micronesia Guam Mission. There's one companionship that I'm really going to miss, Elders Bettridge and Cullimore (they were the Zone Leaders before me and Vause). These two are like the older brothers I've never had. They've taught me how to serve everyone with an open heart and kindness, and I'll forever love them for that.

Also, I found Elder Seth Mason twice so far!! :) I didn't think he'd still be here, so that makes me happy!!  So . . . a bit of a heads up. This letter is probably super long, but they only want us to write on P-days, so that's what I'm doing. Right now, I'm sitting in the laundry room with my district, listening to all the new missionaries come in and out. I love it right now, because all of these "newbies" are treating us like the older missionaries :) (which I guess we kinda are). So, I want to tell you guys a little about Elder Vause. He talks a mile a minute. He is definitely different than me! But God has shown me just how important he is going to be as a companion.

I love you all so much and I'll send home pictures soon!

Love,
Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment