Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Greetings from the Islands . . .


Letter we received from Sean this weekend. It is so wonderful to see such growth in such a short time in a person that you already think was great (yes, we ARE biased :) . . .

March 18, 2013

Ran Anim!

Fist off, I'm sorry that I didn't write last week. It's been hard to have myself sit down every Monday and write letters, but a lot has happened in the last few weeks, so hopefully I can get it all down.

Well, the language is coming. I've graduated from greeting people and saying "thank you" to bearing testimony and saying prayers. We're going to do a Language Day on Friday, so I'm going to be working super hard because I'm pretty sure that Elder O'bray is going to let me teach something to an investigator. So we'll see how it goes! :)

I went on my first boat ride here last P-day, out to an outer island called Romalom (it's pronounced Romanom) and we played basketball and badminton, and some of the Elders did a little fishing. I just want to say that as much fun as I'm having teaching, I'm having just as much fun spending time with the Elders on Monday. Take today for example. We just got done playing 4-square with ping pong balls and now we're getting ready to go to dinner. I love these guys and I realized today that I haven't let myself have fun like this in a LONG time!


About the mail situation, I'm thinking the post office is keeping my mail from me because I haven't received anything from mom, dad, brothers, or anyone back home. ANYWAY . . .

I had a pretty sweet experience the other day. We were meeting with one of our investigators, Rescue, and he's been asking questions about the Plan of Salvation. The other day he asked how we knew the plan was true. I sat there and then when I opened my mouth and bore my testimony that God had helped me to know that the plan was true, along with everything else that we had talked about, and that God loved him and wanted him to be happy. Then I committed him to pray to know that what we said was true.

Now, I know I've said I love being a missionary before, but this week just proved it to me. I've seen so much growth from our investigators (and myself). For the most part, all of our investigators are showing promise of growing even more.

Unfortunately, Dylan, I have not driven our truck yet because I'm not licensed here yet. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be though.

I love you all and I miss you so much! I hope that one day you can all come back here with me and we'll go visit Mechitiw.

Ai tong ngeni kemi!!

Elder McEwan

P.S. Can you get a copy of the song the High School Choir sang at graduation? It's called "Wherever You Go." Just started thinking about that some the other day and how it's starting to become more and more true iteitan ran (every day). Also, a container of Creatine, some q-tips, 1 micro-fiber towels (I think that one of mine was taken when we had them outside drying), and an alarm clock (the airport people weren't very careful with my bags and the alarm clock got broken) ~ If this is not too much to ask.

Kinison chapur ngeni Kemi!!

1 comment:

  1. We love coming to her website for a touch of clip in hair extensions inspiration and to plan our own dream hair extensions uk look. Hold your hair extensions on the wand for just a couple of seconds and release. You should have a fantastic tight spiral curl. Finally, curl your top layer of hair extensions uk in just the same way, always curling away from your face. Get started by brushing through your hair extensions uk so it is nice and smooth. Then grab your curling wand and curl some hair extensions uk sections of hair extensions to add some texture and volume to your mane hair extensions. Take your hair grips and randomly grip your top section of hair into your mane so all of your remy human hair extensions is flowing down your back in one gorgeous messy tumble. Start by applying your pigmented highlighter to your hair extensions uk before adding your glitter pigment over the top. If you want to leave it there you can, but we reckon the more sparkle the brazilian hair extensions.

    ReplyDelete