Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

Kapongs from the Islands . . .

Ran Allim!!

So, it's good to hear from you AND to hear that you are doing so well!!  Anyhow, things here are great for me, we have about 5 or 6 people on baptismal dates, and the sad thing is, they've all been rescheduled as of yesterday because they didn't come to church!! That is THE biggest killer of people on baptismal dates, is that they won't walk the 10-30 minutes to come to church. Oh well, we'll just keep working with them and get them coming next week.

You know the one thing that I have loved doing lately? Teaching families!!! One of my recent converts, Pwas James, had us over to teach his wife Ansita yesterday, which was a huge blessing, because while I was teaching him, I kept asking him to bring his wife into the lessons, but he kept saying "No no, I'll talk to her about it later" and later never happened until she sat down in the lesson on Saturday that we had with him about member missionary work. I didn't even realize that she had sat down until he looked at me and said "Well, that was a good lesson, and look Ansita joined for the last little bit." Then he asked when we wanted to come back and teach her!! Oh yeah, gotta love this work!! I know that the Spirit of God was upon that man and was right in that moment, because if it wasn't, I know for a fact that his wife would not have sat down and listened.

So now, I've come to the part of my email that I've been dreading. This week right now is the week that I do not like. TRANSFER WEEK. I've been here in Mechitiw for 8 and 1/2 months right now, which is a long time to be in one area. I've been thinking I'd stay one or two more, but now i've been hearing rumors that I'll transfered to an outer island, which means no emailing, which means not being able to talk to you (unless it's an actual letter). Mechitiw has become my home, and I don't want to leave because it makes me kind of nervous. Then again, I felt the same way when I left Utah. It's crazy to think that in three months, I'll be at a year as a missionary. And what do I have to show for it? Tons! Along with learning so much more about the gospel than I knew, talking to people that in the beginning were total strangers, I have also learned how to be human and have fun, which is something that I believe Heavenly Father wanted me to learn while on my mission.

Man, so much is going on in my life, and every day I'm happier, I'm more productive, and I can't imagine being anywhere else in the world. Chuuk has become my home, and I would do anything to be able to stay here.

Ngang mi sinei pwe ach ei Mwichifel mi wesewesen ellet, o a fen niwinsefan me ren ewe soufos Josef Smit. Ngang ua mochen pwe aramas meinisin repwe feito ren ach Samon Jises Kraist, me ua sinei pwe ika ngang ua fori wisei me afanafan ewe ellet, ir repwe mina.

Ai tong ngonuk seni Mechitiw, CHUUK

Seni ewe aten Mechitiw

Elder McEwan

Ps. I'll learn how to write letters again :). Keep having fun and being good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment