Translate

Sunday, October 13, 2013

My BEST WEEK So Far . . .

We absolutely LOVE it when P-Day comes early for us! This week we hear from Elder McEwan Sunday evening. It is sooo awesome to hear that he is having his best week so far. We definitely hope that every week is always the BEST . . .
 
Hello Family!!

So good to hear that everyone is doing so well at home. Me, I'm having the BEST WEEK of my mission so far!! So crazy thing first. Mom, you'll probably remember better than anyone, but when Sister Obray was talking to us about what she knew of Chuuk, and she mentioned the drunk people? Well, I've never met one or even seen one, until this last weekend!! 3 of them, all members too!! It was like, we'd get through telling one to leave, and then 5 minutes later, another one showed up!! After the second one, I was just beat and didn't even bother with saying anything. But now, I think things are back to normal (fingers crossed ;))


So I got to conduct the baptism that we had this last weekend, this makes my second. It's weird to conduct a baptism, but I was just happy to be a part of it. Then, the guy that got baptized, KM, asked me to confirm him a member!! I've never taught this guy, he's from Nantaku (a completely different area from mine) and yet he still wanted me to confirm him a member and be a part of that. WOW WOW WOW!!!

So we also had Branch Conference yesterday. Lots of people showed up, which was good, but then right in the middle of it, a couple of members got in a fight in a house down by ours and kind of disrupted things, but overall it was a good experience had by all.

Elder Schroath is back here in Chuuk now, me and Elder Toa went and picked him up last Thursday. He's from Idaho, Boise I think. Totally different procedure from mine by the sound of things. But at any rate, glad to have him back in the Zone.

As far as shoes go, same style of Crocs works for me, as long as there are no holes on top or bottom. Ties are also holding up well, just running low because I let them out to members so that they can wear white shirts to church. I think that's one of the things that I love so much about Chuuk, that I feel so needed. They are they best people in the world, and I feel so blesseed to be here!!

Give my kapong (greetings) to everyone back in Salem and the surrounding areas. Any more mission calls that you all know of? Who's getting engaged or married? How are Holly and Ronel doing? I got an email from them last week I think, and I'm so glad that they enjoyed their trip.

Man, there's so much to write and so much to say...and so little time. But, I think I'll close by relating the last two days of my studying. I've been reading out of the Chuukese Book of Mormon lately, so that I can better understand the language and how to use this specific translation, and every time I see a word that i don't understand, or a passage taht is not clear, I read through it in English, and suddenly it's like the whole world opens up and light just shooots out from the book!! I've been reading just from 1 Nephi 1 up to chapter 17, and already I can feel myself changing and with my new attitude of living every day like it is the first day in my mission, I know that the Lord will help me to be successful.

I love you all, I miss you all, and it's crazy to think that Thanskgiving is coming up soon. Don't worry, we will still have a dinner and all that. Then, just a few more weeks and I'll be talking to you guys again for Christmas!! WOW then a few weeks later and I'll be at 1 YEAR AS A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!! ........wow! Time sure flies, and I'm grateful for every minute of it.

Ai tong ngenikemi!!

Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment