Translate

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sometimes It's Hard, But We MUST "Keep Trying" . . .

December 15, 2013

Dear Family—
I've been great! Things are good, we are just right now trying to find more investigators but it's starting to get super hard because it seems like everyone on the island (including some super super less active members) really hate missionaries and the church. But as of right now, we are still working with a young guy named Rico. He is so ready to be baptized right now, the only problem is that he wants to be married but the girl's parents don't agree with our church, even though their oldest daughter and her husband have been married in our church. So confusing, but that's just how it is here. We'll keep trying.

Everyone loves the family picture of all of us up the canyon, and they want to see more pictures of my family. Also, the gifts were awesome, thanks so much for thinking of me and Elder Telona this time of year. I also have a box that'll be heading up your way next month, just got some odds and ends that I collected while I was in Mechitiw.

The weather here is starting to get colder at night, but it's still super hot AND super rainy every day. I miss looking at the mountains during this time of year but I know I'll more than likely be going home to snow all over the place.

I don't know when we will be calling to set up Christmas calling times, but I do know all of us will be calling on the 25th and 26th here in Micronesia. It's weird to think that after that, I'll have one, maybe two more times, to call before I go home.

Thanks for sending me Elder Sorensen's correct email address. I'll make sure and shoot an email off to him today :)!!!

The letters and stuff haven't been seen yet, but I figure it'll either come today or I'll get it when we come in for Christmas.

Anyways, I hope you guys all continue to have fun and remember our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ this time of year, and evry day throughout next year.

Tong seni ngang,
Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment