Translate

Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayers and Fasting . . .

April 14, 2013

Dear Family--
 
I have been praying and fasting to find my camera, because it has pictures on it from my first baptism and now I don't have those :( hopefully it will turn up. Everything traveled alright in the box, everything was just a little melted when I got it and the box was a little crushed. On that, when you guys send boxes now, will you please write on it "FRAGILE" so that the postal workers here in Chuuk are "FRAGILE" with it. Right on that the baseball boys are back in action now, and that's so awesome that Garrett won, and that Dylan and Derrick are on the same team, they will have fun with that. Crazy fact, they used to have baseball here in Chuuk back in the day when the Japanese were stationed here, but it has died out now, and all they play is basketball. Dylan, sorry pal, I have not received my license yet as the Zone Leaders (who need to come with me and Elder Obray to get it) are trying to get everything ready for Zone Conference (which is Wednesday our time, Tuesday your time). Hopefully I'll get it soon, because with this transfer ending in a few weeks, it's looking like Elder Obray is going to be transferred from Mechitiw and I will stay here and train a new missionary.

Needless to say, I'm a little freaked about that. I still barely know the language, and yet I'm going to be expected to teach someone else the language and how to teach in this language. I will be praying and fasting a lot more than I have been so that I can help to further the work here in Mechitiw.
 
Mom, I'm sorry you didn't get that job. I know that it would've helped out a lot, and that's a bummer that the last few jobs that you have really wanted have gone to someone else, but like you say, Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and what will make us happy. I'm finding that out the hard way right now, as we were on track to have 3 baptisms this weekend, but one of our golden investigators fell a little. It's taking a lot of faith to keep in mind that these people will someday be baptized and will listen to us, but I'm learning a lot about the power of prayer and how important it is to pray for others. In fact, yesterday I wrote up a list of people that we are teaching and also anyone else that I can think of that I can pray for, and it really has made a big difference in my day so far. I feel more focused and more alert to what is being said to me and by me, and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father listens to prayers.
 
I love you all so much, and I will send home letters today or tomorrow.
 
Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment