Translate

Monday, September 1, 2014

Pushing Forward and Working Hard . . .

September 1, 2014

Dear Family,

Yeah we do actually celebrate labor day. In about an hour, we are going to play softball for our pday/labor day. Every thing is going good, just trying to overcome some challenges with investigators and less actives (ie they don't want to meet with us, they'll hide from us, lie to us, etc.) but everything is good. Elder Afualo and I are doing well. This whole being a zone leader thing is a lot harder than I thought, but I absolutely love it. I love being here, because I've been able to learn so much and do so much for these people. As of right now, we are looking at 2 maybe 3 baptisms this upcoming saturday, and then september looks like a huge month for us!! We just got to keep pushing and keep working hard.

Activity with my Zone in Guam
Lately, I've been reading in the book of Alma, and my favorite chapter is chapter 5, when Alma is talking about how we all will stand before God and be judged for our works and our actions. It's just made me think a lot about who's side I'm really on. I feel like this is now more of a championship than anything I've ever played in before. THe decision needs to be now, and it needs to be clear cut: do we follow the good shepherd, Jesus Christ, or the adversary? We need to decide which team we want to suit up for, and then we need to play our hearts out. If we arent' as strong as we'd like to be, we need to start trusting GOd more. IF we are strong, we then need to help those who are not, and then encourage them to help others. I love this work, I love these people, and I can't imagine not doing this day in and day out. Sickness or none, injury or no, I am so glad that I was called to do this.

I hope this finds you all doing well, and OH!! Found out that I'll be coming home the end of January 2015!!!!!! :D :D :D

I love you!!

ELder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment