Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Working with Elder Vause and Listening to the Spirit . . .




October 12, 2014

Dear Family,

Elder McEwan and Elder Afualo Studying
I am doing well!! We just ended Conference weekend, so life is good. It was super cool to hear words from our prophet and other general authorities again, as this was the first time that I got to listen to Conference as a missionary. I’m glad Grandma did well with her knee replacement. I’ll shoot her a message right now. That’s awesome that the rental house by you sold. Please give the guy my email address. I’d love to hear from him and see if we can find his family here.

Things are good, we have a ton of new investigators right now, Pohnpeian and Chuukese. We are still working with Lashawn, she'll be baptized this next Saturday. We are also still working with Jimmy Retuyan, his kids were baptized last month and also we picked up a new friend named Joshua (from Washington) who is super solid and really wants to be baptized and change his life.

MGM Leadership Council
Singing Together
I have a really great spiritual experience to share this week. This last week, all the zone leaders had to stay here because of a typhoon that we all thought was going to hit here in Guam (didn't even do anything). So I was working with Elder Vause (he’s serving in Pohnpei) again, my MTC companion, and we were out teaching and waiting for Elder Afualo to come and pick us up. Elder Vause was hungry so we started walking down to a store close by. While doing so, I had this impression to go back to where Elder Afualo and I had planned to meet up that night. After we reached the store, we headed back and I was still feeling that impression. I didn't know why, and I kept thinking oh man, those elders are there waiting on us. SO we hurried back, and they weren't there yet. I was really confused and a little scared. So I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to show me/tell me why we needed to be there. As I closed the prayer, I had one thought: WAIT. So I did, and then I saw a man pushing his baby in a stroller a little ways away. I said another prayer and asked that I may be allowed to talk to this guy and wouldn't you know it, he started walking down to us. Long and short of things, we ended up talking with him (he was Chuukese) and shared a really powerful message with him about families and the plan of salvation. As we finished talking, I had the most amazing feeling inside, and I know that that was why Heavenly Father told me to hurry back. We will try and meet with this man (Tommy) later on this week.

Elder McEwan and Elder Afualo role playing to better their teaching
I love this work, I love these people, and I love this feeling that I have right now!! I loved General COnference and listening to the words of our living Prophet Thomas S. Monson. I know that he is a prophet of God and that he leads us and loves us today. This work is so true, and I don't want to leave. I love you all!!

With love and prayers,


Elder McEwan

1 comment:


  1. UPDATE: Check our long-term Rolex Submariner 114060 watch review on aBlogtoWatch for even more. While I am very well-versed in all things "watches," I don't consider myself to be Rolex replica watches sale expert compared to many people that I know. I have a basic understanding of the brand's history, the evolution of its products, and what is appealing about watches like the rolex replica sale Submariner. Other people have extremely detailed knowledge of each and every product, hard-to-find timepieces, differences in products as they evolves, etc... The purpose of this review is to discuss the modern Rolex Submariner to the mainstream replica watches uk lovers and those interested in why this is a worthy timepiece. In short, the rolex replica sale Submariner started the dive watch craze that made those types of sport watches the most desirable type of timepiece on the planet - and with its crown logo, the rolex replica uk Submariner thematically rules over the lot.

    ReplyDelete