Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Work is Good . .

October 26, 2014

Dear McEwan Family--

How are you? We've had a great week so far:)

Super busy week, Dylan!! Man, being a Den Chief, the star quarterback, singing in the choir, all in one week??? You da man!! :) HOw's school going for you? Any news on BYU?? I'm doing really well right now, just trying to help get things done here in Harmon and in the Barrigada ward. I also have a less active friend that I'm trying to help right now, I sent you all an email about it, but he's doing super good, we just need to find him a ride to church and some fellowshippers. I'm also still...skinny, but not a whole lot of muscle, we'll see if that can start to change next month!!

Way to go on taking that test early, Parker!! Trust me, the earlier the better!! HOw'd it go, do you think that you did well?? HOw'd the concert go? HOw is Mr. Bills? I've emailed him a few times but will you just take a minute some time this week and tell him hi for me? That's super funny that you talked about the FOotball game, because Elder Afualo also played for Spanish Fork, so please let me know how we did!! You know, right now we have a 16 year old member coming out with us, EJ Ioanis, from Pohnpei (actually he's from a small outer island of Pohnpei called Pingelap) but he reminds me of you so much!! He's really excited about coming out with the missionaries and I thought about you. Are you still going to mission prep? Still reading from the white handbook? I know that it may seem like a lot right now, but trust me, wehn the time comes, you'll be glad that you prepared!!

Mama, nice to hear that you are still doing vinyl, and that you doing well!! HOw'd the Thankful Thursday go? I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with the family!! You know, yesterday in Sacrament meeting, there was a talk given by one of our Chuukese members, Sister Frittz, and she talked about the importance of motherhood: Mothers are the caretakers of the home and the guides for the children. They should play with the kids, teach them the gospel and help them learn good behavior and manners. I'm sitting here thinking about it now, and I really wanted to thank you, because you have done all those things for me, and you continue to encourage me to do them!! You are the best Mom ever!!

Hey Dad!!! So first off, WOW!!! 30 people in one FHE at our house? NICE!! How'd the ward party go? Anyone I know in the ward? With all these changes that you keep mentioning, is there talk of maybe you changing as well, or are you looking for somewhere else to go to? Man, I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on a talk yesterday given by one of the counselors in the YM Presidency. He talked about the importance of the priesthood and how part of that is not just thinking that in the family, because the man has the priesthood, that his wife is somehow inferior to him and therefore lives only to do what he says. Rather, they are to serve as equal partners in rearing and teaching their children as well as making important decisions regarding the direction of their family. I put this in here because I wanted to say thank you Dad, for teaching me and helping me to recognize the importance of the priesthood. Lately some experiences that I have been having have helped me to realize and remember all the things that you have taught me.

The work is good, we have tons of Pohnpeian investigators and some potential chuukese investigators, and everything is going really well right now!! We also right now are working with two less actives, Joe and Roger, on helping them to get ready to serve missions of their own. Joe is 23 years old, from American Samoa, and he actually got reactivated yesterday, and he's planning on talking with Bishop Davis soon to start the mission prep process. Roger is 22 years old, from Chuuk, my home island of Romalum, and he has been really good to keep meeting with us. I actually first met Roger in Chuuk, he would drive the boat for all the missionaries and he would even come teaching with us sometimes. He's in Guam right now, but he's kind of sort of been off and on with church, it's just hard because his family and the people that he is staying with don't really attend church that often. BUT!! We are going to start talking with members and taking them with us to go and meet with Roger so that we can strengthen his testimony! Other than that, no baptisms, but the work moves forward and I'm glad to be a part of it!!

Everyone is doing good right now, and Elder Afualo and I are trying to work super hard to find people right now. We are going to meet later this week with one of our investigators who wants to stop meeting with us and find out what's going on.

Hey Mom, will you double check with BYU-I and see what I need to do.  I'm just trying to get as much information as possible so that I can know what to do when I get home. Thank you so much for all you do for me and everyone. I love you so much!

Well, I’ve gotta go. I'm going to go do laundry!! I love you all, and I hope you guys know that I am really grateful for the examples taht YOU have set for me!! I wouldn't be who am I today if it wasn't for you guys!!

Ren tong wachemuk,

Elder Sean McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment