Translate

Monday, November 17, 2014

Charity & Humility Bring Happiness . . .

November 16, 2014

Hey Family-

So this is going to be short but this week was really good for us :) well actually we had no investigators come to church yesterday, we are still trying to help the investigators to progress, the bishop called us out yestrday for not having had baptisms for a while, and I've just felt super stressed out...but on the bright side, we had an aweseom exchange with the elders down in the southern part of the issland (merizo) and I found the oldest son of my branch president from Mechetiw, we also went on splits with our members Joe and Rico, that guy Joshua (if you remember him) he says he really wants to be baptized and seems to really be trying right now, not to mention Elder Afualo and I also just finished up our second to last zone meeting together last tuesday, and this week on Thursday we are going with President and Sister Zarbock to an interfaith dinner with all the different religious leaders and such here in Guam :D Honestly we had a really fun week, and I learned a ton. I'm really trying to work on being more charitable and humble and seriously it has made all the difference in the world for me. I feel happier than I have felt in a long time, and I'm really trying to not let things bother me that aren't taht important.

We are both doing good, Afualo and I. We just found a whole bunch of Pohnpeian and Chuukese investigators in Harmon and one of the the families that we are going to start teaching is the brother of Richard Kuss (a member that I worked with in Romalum whom I love very much) and I'm super excited. They seem really open to us and really nice people, I'm really pumped to go and see them this week.

Man, this week has really opened my eyes to just what type of person that I can become (that's something else I'm trying to work on is seeing the potential not the current) and it has truly helped me to learn and grow. I'm so gratedful for this time that I have to be a missionary and to be here with these wonderful people. I love this work, I love these ilsands, I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and I know now that they love me.

I hope this finds everyone doing well and loving life. Thanks for keeping me and the Micronesians in your prayers :D

Love always,

Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment