Translate

Monday, July 8, 2013

Another great letter from our Pacific Island Missionary . . .

July 8, 2013

 
Hello to everyone!! I was so excited to read your emails yesterday and to hear that everyone is doing so well!! I'm glad that you all are staying busy, because I'm trying to do the same as well. We have a rather large investigator pool right now, add to that the large number of recent converts and less-actives that are not still strong, and that makes up a little bit of what I've been up to lately. Like I said in my email, I've had the great opportunity of baptizing two more people into this great and marvelous church, David and Bianna. They are both very young for recent converts, but I've learned that if these people are not taught when they are young, they get into bad habits and it's really hard to break them.

So guess what, I finally got my license!! Only took 4 and a half transfers, but I finally have it, so now I won't get into trouble when I'm driving. I also bought a machete, and used it this last weekend to do some service for an older member of our branch, this is one thing I've tried using, and I've really enjoyed it. I absolutely love our branch here, the people in Mechitiw are some of the most humble people I have ever met, and they are also some of the kindest. I feel sad when I think that this might be my last transfer here, but I know that the faith of these people will only go up and grow.

Also, we just barely had our youth conference at the end of June, and that was the most exciting thing I have ever seen or been a part of, just because there was so many youth that attended and had a great time. As a result of this, 12 youth have started mission papers and another 4 are preparing to leave this year. That experience has just showed me that our Heavenly Father truly is hastening His work that this truly is the eleventh hour, and that He truly wants all able and willing members to accept the call.

When you guys get these pictures that will follow after this letter, could you print them off and send them back, along with keeping copies for yourselves? That's another thing I love about the Chuukese, family is a big deal for them, and they love talking to missionaries about their families. This place is truly the best in the world, and I've come to learn a ton of things that I never thought I would learn on a mission, like how awesome prayer is!! The last couple of weeks, we've really had low attendance at sacrament meeting, and I have been trying and trying to get people to come, but nothing has worked, till this last Sunday when I begged and pleaded with the Lord that people would come, and guess what?! 70 people showed including two investigators and some less-actives. I love prayer, and I know now that when I pray and try to do my part to help, when I add prayer to that as well, I know that my Father in Heaven will help me to become the very best person that I can be.

Well, I'd better go. We're having a basketball tournament with all the missionaries today for P-Day. I love you all, and Kot epwe nom reolm ach chusefan!!

Ai tong ngeni kemi!!
Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment