Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

My Extended Family . . .

Dear Family!!
 
Elder McEwan with Elder & Sister Eakins
How wonderful it is to hear all the good things that are going on with everyone. Things are going well for me as well, in fact I had another baptism this last weekend in Mechitiw, a 20 year old guy named Reklude Ludwig. It has been really satisfying knowing that he is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, since he was one of the first investigators that me and Elder Obray taught. Not only that, but he also got up in sacrament meeting yesterday and said his testimony, and it brought everyone in the chapel to tears!! This one I will remember forever!!
 
I'm glad that you all like those pictures!! It's been super fun to take them and have those memories to remember everyone and everything in Chuuk. Training is going great, and transfers are coming up in like a week I think. Meaning, there is a possibility that I will be moving to somewhere else. It makes me a little nervous but I know that my Father in Heaven will put me where I need to be, when I need to be there. Also, we have another companionship staying with us in our house. This is because of a new area that opened up this transfer, the island of Udot. So the two missionaries that are supposed to stay out there are staying with us because they have no house in Udot. But it's helped Mechitiw to see some pretty sweet miracles and to have a ton of success right now!! I'm loving every minute of it.
So Dad...I promise I have not forgotten your Birthday, it's just with all the dates and everything I am trying to remember out here, everything sort of runs together. But at any rate, Happy Birthday!! Funny story, the kids in Mechitiw really like you and think you're super smart just from looking at the pictures of everyone. They also think you are at ech (that means "handsome" in Chuukese). 
 
Hopefully you guys also liked the pictures of youth conference!! That was definitely a new experience that I loved to be a part of!! You know, I find myself getting more and more attached to these people every day that I am here, and I hate thinking about the day that I have to go home. Even though I'm in Mechitiw, members from the other branches here in Weno all know me, and every time they see me, they come up and talk to me. It breaks my heart to think that right now, and this is just metaphorically speaking, but right now, I feel like a little kid playing outside with his friends and having a great time. But of course, we all know that that time comes when Mom or Dad says it's time to come inside. I don't get excited every time I think about that day, but I guess that's just because of all the great experiences I'm having with my extended family out here. 
 
I love you all so much!!
 
Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment