Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Experiences in Guam to take back to Chuuk . . .

Part of Sean's letter for this week. He seems to be a bit more coherent with not as much pain medication in his system :). So grateful for the wonderful doctors, nurses, church members, missionaries, etc. who have taken such great care of him.

 . . . THings are good, it's so great to see all of these miracles happening in the Guam Zone, but I can't wait to again be able to help out the Chuuk Zone. But it's been okay. The AP's actually just got back from Yap today, so I've been staying with a tri-panionship of Elder Gasu, Elder John, and Elder Samachy. It's been great because Elders John and Samachy are from Chuuk, so it's been great to still be able to speak Chuukese, and I've learned a lot from all of them. The AP's are Elder Allen and Elder Gubler. 

The surgery went great, as far as IV stuff I just went to a clinic for that, and it was just in 3 day segments. As far as the "plan from here", I have a follow-up appointment on Friday, and then I hope to fly back on Sunday night, the SUPER SUPER late flight. But as far as people I'm teaching in Guam, a few Chuukese people (which has been fun to teach since they've become my people), and a few Pohnpeians. But mostly we just walk around and tract, something that I have never had to do in Chuuk, so that's been a new experience for me. It's been fun though, learned a ton of new things that I want to use in Chuuk as well as after my mission, but yeah, send me questions about the people in the pictures because I have sent so much home, it's hard for me to remember all of them.
 
I feel great now, just got a 3 inch long incision under my chin, but I'm happy, I'm still reading the scriptures, the Church is still true, and I'm excited right now. I'll write more tomorrow.
 
Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment