Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Absolutely Love Chuuk . . .

January 31, 2014

Well, had two really good lessons with Matt and Rodney today. Matt has been reading the Book of Mormon and today he told me that he hasn't been 100% honest lately, but he is now set for February 8 as his baptism day. Rodney's lesson was more of just talking about missionary work and just teaching him about forgiveness. We did a lot more walking around yesterday as well as today, trying to find new people to teach, but not having a ton of success. Do however, have my eye on a few potential investigators that could really help to jump start the branch! :) My language skills are coming along nicely now, as Romalum is the place to learn Chuukese and plus I've got a great teacher, Brother Richard Kuss!!

I realize that now more than ever I need to be careful, both physically and mentally. Last Sunday, I totally got attached by 5 dogs while trying to go get people to church. On top of that, we've had a samau or mater (illness) going around and I think I've caught some of it. Mentally, need to say focused on this wonderful missionary work.

Anyways, it's so peaceful here, night or day, and I love the feelings that I have right now! I absolutely love this place, I love Chuuk, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Love you all,
Elder McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment